The beautiful Vale of Llangollen and surrounding area offers a huge range of indoor and outdoor activities for families.
- Steam railway, with Thomas the Tank Engine and Santa Specials
- Take a scenic, relaxing ride on a horse-drawn canal boat. Don't forget to take a carrot for Stan, Tog, Taff or Geordie! Yum!
- Children's playground and crazy golf in a stunning location alongside the River Dee (5 minute riverside walk from the Hostel).
- Hire a bike and cycle safely along the canal to Sir Thomas Telford's Aqueduct and beyond.
- Swimming and other sports at Splash Magic Leisure Centre, with slides and a wave machine.
- Family-friendly cafés, restaurants and pubs with beer gardens
- Close proximity to Chester Zoo, Park Hall Farm and many other attractions
Llangollen is a very family-friendly town, with plenty of activities to keep the children entertained. The traditional steam railway, which takes you through the valleys, is popular with kids and adults alike. Frequently throughout the year, Thomas the Tank Engine pays a visit to the station too!
There are also horse drawn boats rides along the canal. At Honey Pots, kids can paint their own ceramic bowls, plates and other such objects.
Chester Zoo is near to Llangollen, and is perfect for a day out, with 7,000 animals and over 400 different species. The Odeon cinema in Eagles Meadow, Wrexham, is also just a short trip from Llangollen, for a change of pace.